Buying or Renting a Place of Business
• A Limited Liabilities Company
• A Limited Liability Partnership
• A Public Joint Stock Company
• A Private Joint Stock Company
• A Representative or a Branch Office
• A Professional Firm
If you setup a company outside of the free trade zone the locals have to own at least 51% of the company including the chairman, general partners, etc. That means they have to be citizens of Abu Dhabi.
• A nationally registered representative office
• A local registered representative office
It's easier to form a commercial company as a limited liability company. Fifty one percent still needs to be owned by a local of Abu Dhabi. The exception is real-estate business, where as it can be 100% owned locally.
"Work based on investing mental talents and acquired information" is the official definition of a professional business in Abu Dhabi.